12 December 2011

I Don't Bike Georgia



It looks like a won't be biking while in the Republic of Georgia. Sadly, my usual mode of transportation is not available to me here.

I am in Georgia to visit and retrieve my wife who has been serving in Tblisi as a Peace Corps response volunteer since September. I arrived last night by plane and was picked up at the airport by lovelier-than-ever Lisa her host mom Larissa. Lisa it turns out walks pretty much everywhere she needs to go. This is because the powers that be forbid PCVs to drive here (makes sense) and forbids them to bicycle (that doesn't make sense to me. Yet.) I won't judge until I am out of the house a bit to see how it feels to be a pedestrian for awhile.

Besides, as Poi Dog Pondering sang you get to know things better when they go by slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment