26 February 2012

Everybody Hurts

Today's Run
Time: 2 hours
Weather: 55 degrees
Traffic: Ever present

Ideally before one launches off on a 2 hour run one should take it easy the day before. Ideally. Me, I decided to spend all day the day before my 14.4 mile run on my feet using a rented buffer to clean old finish off the floors of our upstairs apartment and re-stain the 500 square feet that is Apartment A. For that choice I paid. My legs are so sore. I will stretch while watching the Oscars with Lisa.

Overall, I felt great on the run. Weather was unseasonably warm. I had strength but knew when it went that would be it. I focused on turn-over, trying to speed up the rate at which my legs thrust one in front of the other. Again and again. How many turnovers in a 14 mile run? A lot. How many in a 26.2 mile run? A lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment