24 January 2012

The County House

Today's run

Distance: 7 miles
Time: ~60 minutes
Weather/time: 34F at 4:30pm.
Traffic: None on the trails, thank you. Lots on the streets so I avoided those.

For this afternoon's run I did a loop on the MKT and the County House Branch Trail. Columbia's newest trail is a wonderful needed route that helps get runners and bicyclists from southwest Columbia across that dreaded highway that cuts through our neighborhoods (read: Stadium Blvd.) It is so named for the former Boone County Poor House or the County House. I am not sure where this structure exactly is, but I am committed to finding out. The creek so named for the former County House or Poor Farm runs behind my house.

With the opening of the County House Branch Trail there is a great run that pushing it I can do in an hour or thereabouts. I see geese, deer, birds, humans and their dogs. They see me. The trail is being discovered slowly by more and more humans but for the most part I had it to myself yesterday afternoon. I pushed and completed my 7 miles in under an hour, which is great because I only had one hour in which to run.

80 training days left until St. Louis Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment